Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Marathon Relay Checked off the List


Well I did it, I ran in a Marathon. Well I ran 5 miles of a marathon. 

I woke up on November 24 & it was balmy 24 degrees.  OMG what was I thinking I am going to go running in this weather.  I got out of bed, took a shower, ate breakfast & got all bundled up.  I was off to run the 3rd leg of the Route 66 Marathon.  I got to the staging area for my leg at 9:15 am but I knew my sister & Kelly wouldn’t be there until at least 10 but I wanted to make sure I was there & ready for them.  I wasn’t going to let my team down.  After my toes went numb from the cold & my knees started to buckle they finally arrived & I am off.  I ran most of my 5 miles & I had people cheering me on from the side of the road because I had my name on my shirt (see picture).  I don’t know what my time was but I think I finished my leg in 55 minutes to 1 hour.  Our whole finished in 4 hours 28 minutes.  I am really glad I did it however the cold weather can kiss my butt.  I would do it agian & maybe next year I can do the Half Martahon.  I did get a medal for finishing.  So I now have 2 medals.

My next race probably won’t be until March.  Unless I can find another one I want to do before then.  I was hoping to do the Jingle Bell Run again this year but I am so glad I didn’t sign up for it.  The low temperature for that morning is supposed to be 11 degrees.
So until next time keep on running!!!!
My race day outfit

My Medal

No comments:

Post a Comment