Monday, August 27, 2012

Tulsa Run 2012

Well I have decided to run the 5k at the Tulsa Run this year.  I have registered & paid for it so there is no turning back now!!  I was planning on doing it last year but I had a knee injury. 

I have running/walking on the treadmill for the past 3 months & have gotten up to 1.5 miles.  A 5k is 3.1 miles so I am about half way there.  The run is on October 27 so I have plently of time train (I hope).  My dad is going to do it with me.  He has been running a lot longer than I have.  He did the Chicago Marathon several years ago.  I told him I won't be fast but I will do it.  My goal is really just to finish!!!

Like I said I have been running on the treadmill for about 3 months now.  But I also do cross training I guess that's what you call it.  I do a Bootcamp & a Kick Boxing Class.  Here is my weekly training schedule:

Monday - Bootcamp - a 45 minute class at my Gym
Tuesday - Run 20 minutes on the Treadmill (1.5 miles) & Arc Trainer 5-8 Minutes (This kicks my butt) & wieght training at my Gym
Wednesday - Off day
Thursday - Same as Tuesday
Friday - Off day
Saturday - Kickboxing - a 45 minute class at my Gym
Sunday - I will start Running outside this week

This is going to be an adventure!!!  And I can't wait to say look what I did!! 

I will keep you posted on my progress!!

Later,

Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment