Though Sweatpink I was chosen to review a product called Freekeh. Freekeh is a process which means "to rub" in Arabic. Freekeh was created by accident nearly 2,000 years ago when a Middle Eastern village was attacked and their crop of young green wheat was set ablaze. Most folks would sulk over their misfortune, but the crafty villagers rubbed off the chaff, cooked it up and "Eureka!" Freekeh was created. We're proud to offer you this tasty, nutritious ancient grain with a funny name.
You can do so many things with Freekeh. I made dinner & breakfast with mine.
Rosemary & Sage grilled Chicken with Rosemary & Sage Freekeh
4 Chicken Thighs
½ cup Olive
Handful Fresh Rosemary
Handful of Fresh Sage
½ tsp Dried Thyme
1 cup Rosemary & Sage Freekeh
3 cups Chicken Both
1 tbsp Butter
2 bunches Asparagus
Bunch of Mushrooms
1. Marinate Chicken Thighs in olive oil, rosemary, sage & thyme for about 1 hour. Turn half way though.
2. While chicken is marinating put asparagus & mushrooms in an aluminum pan. Sprinkle with olive oil, salt & pepper. Also, add a little butter to the pan. Cover pan with foil & place on preheated grill for 30 minutes.
3. Next start the Freekeh according to the package. I used Chicken both to cook mine. After it is cooked add just a little butter to it just to give a little creamy texture.
4. While the Freekeh is cooking take the veggies off the grill & put the chicken on the grill. Cook until it is no longer pink in the center probably about 30 minutes. I stirred in some of the asparagus & mushrooms in with the Freekeh. I was amazing!
5. When everything is done plate it up and serve with some toasted bread.
With any dinner there must be dessert!
Chocolate Coca-Cola Cake
1 Box Chocolate Cake Mix (Any Brand)
1 Can Coca-Cola
1.Mix the cake mix & soda together & bake according to the cake mix package. That’s it. I frosted the cake with store chocolate frosting & decorated with mini Kit-Kats.
Warm Breakfast with Freekah
1 cup Original Freekeh
¼ Cup raisins
¼ cup dried cranberries
¼ dried apricots, cup up into small pieces
About 1 tbsp honey
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Cooked Freekeh according to package, instead of water I used Almond mile.
2. Once Freekeh is cooked let it cool slightly. Add dried fruit, honey & cinnamon.
3. Then what I did is put into separate containers for the week.
4. To reheat just add a tablespoon of almond mile to the container & heat in microwave for 45 seconds to 1 minute.
The breakfast turned out like a very hearty oatmeal!! I will defiantly be making this again!!
Because I really like this product & Freekeh is a such a good company. They are giving any one package of Freekah. The chocie of original, rosemary sage, or tamari to one of my readers. To enter comment on this post.
Until next time!!