Monday, March 16, 2015

Spaghetti Sauce


Every week I make a batch of homemade Spaghetti Sauce so I thought I would share the recipe I have post this recipe before but I thought I would just repost it.  It is super yummy, super easy & good for you!

 

1 – Large White Onion, diced

2 – Zucchini, diced (Or you could use any veggie you like.  I have used Carrots before.)

10 – Mushrooms (I used just regular button mushrooms but you could use any kind you would like)

3 – Cloves of Garlic

About a table spoon of Olive Oil with about 1 teaspoon dried oregano & dried basil

¼ Cup Red Wine Vinegar

¾ Cup of Red Wine (I used Cabernet Sauvignon) 

2 – 15 oz. Cans Tomato Sauce (I just use the store brand)

1 – 15 oz. Can Petite Diced Tomatoes

1 – 15 oz. Can Crushed tomatoes

2 Tablespoons Dried Oregano

2 Tablespoons Dried Basil

1 Tablespoon Dried Parsley

Salt & Pepper to taste

1.    Chop your onion, zucchini & mushrooms.  Heat your oil on a medium heat in a fairly big stock pot.  Drop you onion, zucchini & mushrooms with a pinch of salt in the oil let it soften (about 5 to 10 minutes).  Add your garlic.

2.    When you can smell your garlic add in red wine vinegar & wine.  Let that simmer until it starts to thicken a little.

3.    Next, add all your canned tomatoes.  Then, add all you seasonings.  Add the salt & pepper at the very end so you taste it to see how much is needed.  Let everything simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes.  Then turn off the heat & let it cool.  Or you can use it right then.  I make it on Sunday & week use it during the week sometime.

We like using Rigatoni Pasta with this spaghetti sauce.  We normally go with Chicken in it or nothing at all!!  The Red Wine Vinegar & wine gives the sauce a great flavor!! 

Until next time,
Kristin



No comments:

Post a Comment