Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Training Schedule


I have made the decision not to do the 10k in April & focus all my training on Conquer the Gauntlet.  I have come up with the following training schedule.  I really hope this works because I don’t what else to do.  This will be my 1st Obstacle Course Race & I am really looking forward to doing it.   

Monday – Rest

Tuesday – Cardio (Running or Biking)

Wednesday – Weights (Upper & Lower Body)

Thursday – Bootcamp or more weights

Friday – Rest

Saturday – Cardio and/or weights (Upper & Lower Body) and/or Playground training (weather permitting)

Sunday – Weights (Upper & Lower Body)

 

Lower body workout with hand weights (I do this at home)

I do 12 reps of each of these exercises, 3 sets

·         Squats

·         Lunges (12 on each leg)

·         Deadlifts

·         Donkey Kicks

·         20 Crunches

I do 12 reps of each of these exercises, 3 sets

·         Overhead Press

·         Upright Row

·         Tricep Extension

·         Bicep Curls

·         Dumbbell Swing (each hand 12 reps)

·         Tricep Kickbacks

·         Flat Chest Press

·         Flies

I Have posted these before but I thought it would be a good idea to post them again just for a refresher.  My original were on 10/20 & 10/21 of last year both posts including pictures.

I use 10 to 12 pound weight for each of the workouts.  Between each sets I rest for about a minute.

 

Until next time!!
Kristin



No comments:

Post a Comment