Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Getting to Know Me


Cole
I thought in this post I would tell everyone a little bit about myself and how I started my fitness journey. 

I am an almost 40 year old mother & wife.  Our son, Cole, 15 years old.  I have been married to Todd for almost 9 years.  We have 2 dogs & a cat.  Charlie is a black lab & he is about 10 or 11 years old.  Mia is almost 2.  She is a blue Chihuahua & she is precious.  If you know me well I take way to many pictures of her.  But she is my baby girl.  Our cat about 9 or 10 & we call him El Gato. 
Mia


Charlie

I started my fitness journey about 3 years ago.  I didn’t do because I was overweight or un-healthy; I did it because I am getting old.  I wanted to learn how to take care of myself.  I started out by just walking & going to the gym.  Then I decided I wanted to start running.  My sister, who is a runner, told me to start with the couch 2 5k.  Which I did, then I hurt my knee.  I didn’t need surgery or anything but I stopped doing any exercise for a while.  Then about 6 months later my husband suggested I get back in the gym.  Not because I was looking bad or anything, but because he knew I enjoyed working out.  I had to start my training over because I had to decided to do the Tulsa Run (5k) with my father.  I completed the race & I was hooked on running & working out.  I have done 6 races since that first race.  I am planning on doing several more. 

My Sister Bethany & I
My Dad & I at the 2012 Tulsa Run 5k
My sister & my dad have been big influences on my running.  My dad has done several half marathons & he has done the Chicago Marathon.  My sister has done 2 half marathons.  I was on here marathon relay team for the Route 66 Marathon.  I was kinda honored that she asked me to be on the team. 

Todd is very supportive of me & my journey.  He makes dinner every night & tells me you need to go to the gym.  He know how much I enjoy doing it & how it makes me feel. 
Todd & I

Once I started to really get into running I decided to start this blog.  The people around me don’t really need to hear about my training or what I am eating nor do they really want to, so I know have a blog.  I have not been really good about posting but now that I have become an I’m Fit Possible Ambassador I have been posting more.

Now that you have learned way more that you ever wanted to know about me, I will save the rest for a later post.

Until next time,  
Kristin






No comments:

Post a Comment