Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Changing up my Workout


I have been thinking adding a little change up to my work-out schedule.  I still want to run as much as I can but want to add in a bike ride too!!  Luckily, I can ride the bikes at the gym.  I do ride the bike occasionally but I think it’s kinda boring!! I find running on the treadmill is more entraining.  I know some people who hate running on the treadmill!!  I would rather run outside but I don’t the treadmill!!!  What got me started on the whole bike thing was my neighbor of all people!  They are getting to move & they were cleaning out their garage.  She came over and asked me if I wanted a bike and of course I said YES (it was free)!!  I haven’t ridden a real bike in years but what the heck!!!  My husband thinks I am crazy but I told him I would ride it!!  So now I want to start training for some kind of bike race!!  Do they have those??  I have no idea!!!

I am still training for my runs!!  I really think my next run is in July!!  The Diva Dash with my best friend Holly!!  I really want to do a 10k this year but we will see what happens! I need to do some research to see when a 10k is around here!

I did make an awesome Coleslaw this weekend!!  Here’s the recipe.

·         6 cups cabbage (preshredded, or 6 cups coleslaw mix), I shredded the cabbage myself

·         2 tomatoes (seeded and chopped)

·         6 green onions (coarsely chopped)

·         2 jalapeno chilies (finely chopped), I used 3 because we love jalapenos

·         1/4 cup cider vinegar

·         3 tbsps honey

·         1 tsp salt
        Mix all up in a big bowl & let it set for a couple hours & enjoy!!  I brought for lunch the next day    &  it was even better!
 
    Until next time!!
Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment