Thursday, June 12, 2014

Vacation Recap


I am back from vacation!!  Boo!!  We had a great time! I got to spend some quality time with family, which was amazing.  I go to see my Uncle Jim (my mom’s youngest brother), his wife my Aunt Angie, my cousin Erin & my cousin BJ.  I spent most days either at the adult pool & by the beach, drinking pina coldada’s.  I got up early most mornings and walked along the beach, it was beautiful.  There were a few days we got away from the resort & explored the island.  One day Cole went & learned how to surf & he will be surfing so much here in Oklahoma! LOL! I went with him & got a lot of sun!  Another day My dad, Cole, Erin, BJ & I all went to Pearl Harbor!!  That was amazing & very emotional.  Our big outing was going to the North Shore.  We left our hotel at 8 am, all 8 of us in a big SUV.  We made the 30 minute trip to the North Shore.  Our 1st stop was a Coffee Farm.  We got a tour the coffee farm & learned how they get the coffee bean.  This was very interesting.  Our 2nd stop was the Dole Plantation.  I was looking forward to this the most because I love pineapple.  We took a train around to plantation & got to see all the pineapples.  After the train ride we got the famous Pineapple Whip, which was amazing.  Our the 3rd stop was a state park to walk to a water fall.  It was a beautiful walk & the waterfall was cool.  Our next stop was a Shrimp Farm where we had lunch.  The shrimp was so good!!  I wish I could have gotten more!  After the shrimp farm we made our way back to the resort.  Our last 2 days of our trip we spent in Waikiki.  Waikiki has some awesome shopping.  Ok well I really didn’t buy anything but I did a lot of looking.  I had amazing trip, however I am glad to be home.  But I will go back again!!!  FYI I took more pictures than what are included!       

Until next time!!
Kristin

USS Arizona

Breakfast with Mickey

By the Beach

Coffee Farm



Dole Plantation


Sitting by the Pool 

Waikiki

Our Resort

The walk to the waterfall

Resturant in Waikiki



Walk on the 1st day

One of my many drinks

Surf School

My Cousin Erin & me

USS Arizona Memorial

USS Missouri

Off to the North Shore

My cousin BJ & me

Waikiki

Last day in Hawaii :(

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a great time Tink. Your pics brought back a lot of good memories of the Hale Koa. Can't wait to see you and talk about your trip Love ya.

    ReplyDelete