Monday, July 28, 2014

Diva Dash Recap


Holly & I befor the Race
Ok so the Diva Dash wasn’t my best race but it was fun!!  My worry & dread started on Wednesday when my foot started hurting a little.  So I went to the gym & was planning on doing a light run to see how it felt, well that turned out to be a mile & a half run but oh well.  My foot felt fine!  Well, that all changed Thursday morning when I woke up, I couldn’t walk!!  I was so upset because the Diva Dash was on Saturday.  So Thursday I strapped my running shoes on & went to work, yes I wore my running shoes to work!! At this point I thought I had a stress fracture in my foot!  I took some Advil & hoped for the best!!  By the end of the day my foot felt better so I thought I could walk the Diva Dash.  Friday was packet pick-up day.  My foot felt almost back to normal but I was still not sure.  I left work at 3:30 to go pick our packets & shirts.  It was crazy there!!  Then I stopped by my sister’s pharmacy to pick a foot wrap!!  Friday was just a normal Friday, Todd went to bed at 7:30 & I stay up watching my shows!!  I went to bed around 9!!  Saturday I woke up at 6 checked my phone & my friend Holly was on the way!!  My foot felt extremely good but I wasn’t taking any chances.  I got dress, wrapped my foot & drink a lot of water!!  Holly got to my house at 7 & we were off to the race!!  The race started at 8 so we had time to stretch when we got there.  We both started off running but after the race started Holly started to walk.  I ran a little further but started walking about a mile into the race!  Once I came to the turnaround I started to run again!! Then I started walking again after about a ½ mile.  I walked the last of the race but I did manage to RUN across the finish line.  I finished the race in 42:34 which considering I had a foot injury is pretty good.  I could have ran more & done better but I wanted to make sure my foot was ok!!  My foot is fine I think I just over did my training!! 
On the Course

My next race is the Race for the Cure in September & then I am trying to put together a relay team for the Route 66 Marathon in November!!      

 

Until next time!!
Kristin

At the finish
After at home


Very proud of myself

No comments:

Post a Comment